6 Brilliant Ways to Use Pumpkin This Season
Happy Fall!! I just love this time of year, and I’m guessing you do too!
As the days become crisper, my desire for warm foods, root vegetables and pumpkin spice latés call my name! I hope you continue to enjoy this beautiful season and all the delicious food that comes along with it. Now…let’s talk pumpkin!!
Here are just a few ideas on how to incorporate pumpkin into your daily routine:
Add to yogurt
Add to oatmeal
Add to pancake and waffle mix
Add to toast along with a drizzle of honey
Add to lentil dishes or chickpeas
Add to soups, chili or stew
Add to your favorite breakfast…in a smoothie, or hot cereal or your morning coffee! Replace your fat and add pumpkin in lieu of butter or oil. So many possibilities!
But why pumpkin? Here’s 9 Health Benefits and Interesting Facts About Pumpkin …
Pumpkin Protein Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk or non dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 banana sliced
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup organic liquid egg whites
- In a saucepan, combine the following ingredients and bring to a light boil: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup pumpkin purée, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, 1tsp vanilla, dash salt and 1/4 banana slices.
- Once at a light boil, add 1/2 cup gluten free oats and stir until almost cooked.
- Then add in 1/4 cup liquid egg whites and continue to stir until cooked thoroughly and it becomes light and fluffy.
- Once done, transfer to a bowl where you can add more fruit or some almond butter if you like.
- Feel free to tweak the recipe, using less oats and more egg whites if you prefer less carbs.