Hanukkah is just one week away, so let’s talk potato pancakes!! Although I enjoy the traditional white potato one’s, I’m more a fan of sweet potatoes. With the help of my friend @craigs.kitchen, I have a yummy recipe that I’m happy to share with you! These are not deep fried, so I’d say it’s a much healthier version 😜
- pound sweet potato peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Gluten Free Flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup EVOO or Coconut oil
- Tsp garlic powder if desired
- Peel and coarsely grate the sweet potato and put into a mixing bowl
- Dice the scallion and add to the potatoes
- Next beat the eggs and add them to the mix, add salt, pepper and garlic powder as well.
- Mix all together and slowly start adding the Gluten Free flour as you mix.
- Check consistency as you mix the flour. Decide if you need to add a little more if not correct consistency.
- Heat a large sauté pan, add half the oil.
- Allow the pan to get hot then add spoon size scoops of mix to the pan. Flatten each pancake and pan sear until browned. Then flip and cook again until browned.
- Remove from the pan with a spatula and place onto a tray with paper towel to help remove excess oil. Sprinkle with light salt if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!!