I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love this time of year when all the berries are in season!
Strawberries are my favorite, but I do enjoy them all. Here’s a delicious, simple pancake recipe for you to have fun with…and feel free to play around with the berries…and maybe even add in some chocolate chips (dark chocolate of course!) for extra fun and yumminess!
- 1 organic egg
- 1/4 cup organic egg whites
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats (pulverized)
- 1/4 banana
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder ( I like F Factor or Tropeaka)
- splash of almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- Mix all ingredients, except for the berries, in a high speed blender (Vitamix or Nutra-bullet)
- Fold in the cut up strawberries
- Pour mixture onto a non stick pan or griddle( I use a little cooking spray)
- Flip pancakes when they start to bubble a bit.
- Enjoy with some low sugar maple syrup and/or more berries!
Want more health and beauty advice? Sign up here for ZoHealthy in your inbox.