Halloween is just around the corner, and I bet you’re looking forward to all the tasty delights and festivities. But let’s face it – this time of year can be a real challenge for those of us who are trying to stay healthy and fit. The temptation is everywhere, from Halloween parties to pumpkin spice lattes, and it can be tough to resist all those delicious treats. So, how do you deal with them? This is a constant conversation among me and my clients, so with Thanksgiving this week and the holiday season upon us, it’s the perfect time to discuss.
Remember – you are in complete control! While saying no may be difficult, always remind yourself that you possess the strength and inner power to make choices that align with your wellbeing. Consider the feelings that arise after giving in to the pressure and how you’d regret allowing others to influence your decisions. Don’t let anyone have power over your choices. Prioritize decisions that make you feel happy and healthy, and surround yourself with supportive individuals.
Maintain a Low Profile:
Avoid drawing unnecessary attention to your diet or eating habits. The more vocal you are about it, the more people will pay attention. Often, people, especially women, tend to be envious when others achieve success in their diets, feeling threatened by it. To avoid this, focus on making optimal choices for yourself without making a big deal out of it. Believe me, no one is paying as much attention to your choices as you may think, unless you draw excessive attention to them.
Confidence in Refusal:
When someone offers you something you don’t want, learn to decline gracefully. A simple “No thanks…not in the mood” or “I’m really full, but thank you anyway” would suffice. If you feel the need for an explanation, highlight how eating in a certain way positively impacts your well-being. For instance, you can respond by saying, “I eat this way because I love how energetic I feel when I consume a lot of veggies and avoid bread.” Alternatively, a standard response like, “Sorry, I can’t eat that, I’m allergic” can be effective every time.
Remember, Halloween is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable time. With these tips and tricks in your arsenal, you can fully immerse yourself in the festivities while still working toward your health goals. Here are a few tips and tricks that work every time so you can embrace the Halloween spirit, create lasting memories with loved ones, and maintain your progress without any ghoulish regrets!
Tips for Navigating the Holiday Season:
- Pre-eat Before Parties and Events: Ensure you have a light snack before attending parties or events to avoid arriving hungry, which often leads to unhealthy snacking. Having something in your belly will help you make conscious and healthier choices, saving you from consuming excessive calories.
- Mindful Indulgences: Don’t deprive yourself, but practice mindfulness when indulging in your favorite holiday treats. Allow yourself to enjoy a single slice of your desired dessert, while also ensuring that the rest of your day is aligned with your goals. Plan your meals and stick to the plan.
- Stick to Your Regular Eating Routine: Even if you have a big holiday meal planned later in the day, it is important to stick to your regular eating pattern. Have your breakfast and lunch as you would on any normal day, making slight adjustments if necessary. Skipping meals will lead to increased cravings and potentially overeating during the main event.
- Give Yourself a Break: Don’t beat yourself up if you overindulge in sugary desserts, appetizers, or cocktails. It happens to the best of us. Instead, give yourself some grace and move forward. Remember, healthy eating is a choice, so consciously make an effort to get back on track with your next meal.
- Embrace Mindfulness Practices: Implement meditation, breathwork, and mindfulness techniques to stay on track with your goals. By connecting with yourself and understanding your hunger signals, you’ll be able to make healthier choices around food. These practices can help you navigate tempting situations and stay true to your intentions.
I truly hope that the tips I’ve shared with you will help you navigate this Halloween season and beyond. Remember, it’s all about finding that balance between indulgence and taking care of yourself. And speaking of support, if you’re ever in need of a little extra, I’ve got you covered.
Want more health and beauty advice? Sign up here for ZoHealthy in your inbox.
Looking for some Healthy Snacking Options?
Healthy eating is something everyone can do. It’s even easier when the food tastes great. Our bars are made with simple nutritional ingredients you can eat on the go!
Coupon code: ZOHEALTHY
MenoWell bars are low calorie, low sugar bars that help support hormone fluctuations & curb the “meno middle.”
Thank you to MenoWell for creating not only great tasting bars but healthy, body and brain boosting nutrition!
Discount Code: AUDREYZONA for 10% off
When you’re conscious of what you put in your body, it can be hard to find a wholesome bar for on-the-go eating. Fast Bar is created with premium, plant-based protein, and ingredients that nourish your body when you want to snack between meals or support intermittent fasting.
Use Promo Code: FB15 to receive your discount.