Happy Sunday! I happen to love Sunday breakfast, and sometimes I’m just in the mood for something other than eggs. Here’s a quick and easy breakfast or afternoon snack you can make ahead and enjoy all week long.
Feel free to swap out the chia seed for basil seeds…they have even more fiber, potassium, iron and calcium!! I’ve been using @zenbasil in lots of recipes lately and I’m really loving it. They are considered a super food to cleanse the body of toxins and offers a boost of energy and clarity of mind. Sounds pretty good to me!
What you’ll need for Strawberry Chia/Basil Pudding:
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen will work)
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup yogurt or your favorite yogurt alternative
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or basil seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Place chia seeds, milk, yogurt, vanilla and sweetener of choice in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut up whole strawberries to drop in, or using a mixer or immersion blender, blend until smooth and stir in.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, and stir after one hour if possible.
- In the morning, top with fresh strawberries and other toppings of your choice!
Looking for more recipes and ideas on how to make clean eating a daily habit?? Join me in the ZO Program…next one starting in April. Get on the wait list now…dm me or go the link in my bio under ZO Program! Or contact me for one on one coaching…a few spots still open, but closing soon!