Although it’s Cinco de Mayo, I pretty much do taco night weekly … so I thought I’d share my favorite ways to enjoy tacos to celebrate this fun holiday – a Zo Healthy Taco Salad Bowl.
My family loves the Siete shells and, of course, I use their Mexican seasoning in my ground beef or turkey.
I love using the Siete brand for my Zo Healthy Taco Salad Bowl because it’s so clean, grain free, gluten free and their story of how they created this product is so inspiring!
Ingredients – Salad
- Romaine lettuce
- 1-lb Taco meat (ground turkey/beef)
- Siete seasoning
- Peppers or onions – thinly sliced
- Tomato or Salsa or guacamole
- Siete chips
- Shred your romaine, place into your bowl.
- If you’re using tomatoes for your toppings – dice your tomato and set aside.
- Using guacamole and making your own – prepare your guacamole and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté your peppers or onions.
- Add your taco meet, stir as needed until lightly brown.
- Add 1/3 cup of water to skillet.
- Add 1 packet of your Siete seasoning of choice.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. You’ll want to stir often so it doesn’t stick to your pan until it thickens to your liking.
- Put a scoop or two of the taco mix on top of the romaine lettuce.
- Top with tomato, salsa or guacamole.