Being healthy does not mean you have to be anti-social. There’s no need to avoid parties when you are establishing your healthy habits. Just prepare yourself with strategies like these ones:
- Don’t go out on an empty stomach. Pre-eat a healthy meal before arriving and stick to the healthier food options at the event.
- Drink to your health. Think about which drinks you choose. Did you know that a glass of egg nog can set you back 500 calories? Try alternating alcoholic drinks with water or seltzer, and avoid sugary or syrupy drinks.
- Pause for 10 minutes before going for a second helping. Your stomach knows it’s full, but there is a delay in that “full” signal to your brain. If you pause before going back to the food, you may find that you are not actually hungry.
- Scope out the buffet. Before grabbing a plate, walk along the buffet to find clean and healthy food options.
- Pack a snack. If you find that all of the food options are no-gos, then you will be so glad you came prepared. Believe me, no one will even notice!
Tips like this from my Holiday Guide are effective all year. Have some healthy habits you’d like to share? Comment below. I’d love to hear what your go to healthy habits are.